Often times, when we hear someone’s story of overcoming a great struggle, we feel a personal sense of empowerment and motivation. If we are going through a similar struggle, we may begin to see ourselves through other people’s success. This is why it is so important to hear success stories. My SC Education is excited to share your education success stories. We want to celebrate all the great things you and your children have been able to experience as a result of exercising your right to choose your children’s education options. In addition, we would like to encourage you to participate in the Choices in Education video competition. This video contest will give you the chance to share your success stories with policymakers and media. Aside from sharing your stories with other parents, when policymakers and the media hear your stories, they begin to further understand the importance of school choice.
Here are some brief details about the contest. Be sure to visit the Choices in Education website for more information.
- WHO: Parents, students or alumni of existing choice programs (public school choice, charter, magnet, private school, virtual learning or home-school), as well as students and families that want educational choice in their state. While the videos can feature students, entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
- WHAT: Submit a 45 to 120 second video or presentation on one of the following topics:
- How educational choice made a difference in my life.
- Why I need access to educational choice options.
- WHEN: Video submissions will be accepted beginning in mid-October. The winners will be announced during National School Choice Week, Jan. 21-27, 2018.
- HOW: For more information, Joe Follick with ExcelinEd at [email protected] or Ryan Mahoney [email protected]
- JUDGING AND PRIZES: One People’s Choice winner will be chosen through public voting. A panel of judges will select the grand prize winners and finalists.
- 3 Grand Prize Finalists – $15,000 cash prize
- 1 People’s Choice Finalist – $10,000 cash prize
- 3 Finalists – $5,000 cash prize